You’ve had your morning coffee by now. Or maybe you don’t drink coffee. Don’t forget that you can cook with coffee too.
Here are some recipes that Jason has posted over the years:
- Southern Comfort Minted Ribs With Grilled Red Eye Sweet Potato Medallians using espresso or strong coffee.
- Cocoa Coffee Rubbed Pork Tenderloin Medallians, using French Roast coffee.
…and while there’s no recipe up (yet), Jason puts coffee (espresso) in his chili.
From beans to lamb to short ribs to tuna, other ideas for cooking with coffee:
- Ultimate Coffee Baked Beans on Toast and Lamb Cutlets with Sticky Coffee Gravy from The Independent, UK
- 25 Unexpected Recipes from Greatest.com
- 5 Ways to Cook with Coffee from Bon Appetit
An aside: We recently started using an Aeropress for camping coffee and love it, swapping out our French Press for it. It lives on the bus but Jason keeps talking about buying a second one for inside the house. It’s this one, but it came with this Mini Mill Slim Coffee Grinder too – the handle of which pops off for easier storage in small spaces – so we use fresh beans. We really rough it when we camp.
This past weekend we used it with beans from Casa Acoreana Cafe on the corner of Nassau and Augusta in Kensington Market. They serve one of the best Americanos in the city – seriously, the one I had on Friday was sublime – and the beans from there made the Aeropress coffee better than ever.
What do you make with coffee?